It was a bit of a punt really, to see if anyone wanted to play on Facebook over the summer.
Readers, it went down a storm.
We received photos from (nearly) all over the world, and the joint winners (see above) received the very first Leicester Sharks mugs that were introduced especially for the #sharksontour competition.
This year we're running our #sharksontour competition again.
And we're also scheming behind the scenes to introduce a fab new piece of kit as the winning prize.
So there's everything to play for!
Want to join in? Here's what to do:
We're asking you to take a picture of your Leicester Sharks swimmer wearing/showing some item of Leicester Sharks kit in a location that isn't a swimming pool in Lutterworth, Enderby, Leicester Grammar School or New Parks.
'Sharks Kit' includes:
A Leicester Sharks shirt, shorts, hat, tattoo, onesie or hoodie. But in the event of an emergency makeshift Leicester Sharks kit (or a #sharksontour sign) will be accepted at the judges discretion (!)
And then we're asking you to post the picture directly to Facebook. (To keep the workload manageable we can only run the competition on Facebook.)
What if you're not going anywhere exotic?
We want to see your photo whether you are holidaying in California or Cornwall, Grenada or Glenfield, Los Angeles or Lutterworth, Mumbai or Minehead, Egypt or Enderby.
Your pic could be taken in your paddling pool in the garden.
Or it could be on a beach in the Dominican Republic. Don't worry, pictures of impossibly golden beaches and endless sun will not make us jealous. At all.
The competitions starts on July 16th, 2016 and ends at midnight (BST) on August 31st, 2016.
The winning image will be selected by a panel of independent judges and the results will be announced here on the blog on, or before, September 10th, 2016.
So go forth brave and valiant sharks, apply your competitive spirit to the competition and dominate the world with our kit! #sharkattack
VERY IMPORTANT. Please read these competition rules:
1. At least one person shown in the photograph must be a member of Leicester Sharks Competitive Swimming Club.
2. The photo of your child/you must show an item of Leicester Sharks kit (see list above).
3. Everyone in the photo must be wearing a top AND BOTTOMS. Photos that don't adhere to this rule will be removed.
4. Please avoid using your child's name, a phrase along the lines of 'enjoying the sun in XX' will do
5. Tell us where you are/were.
6. Post your photo to our Facebook page. (Here's a guide on how to do it.) In extreme circumstances you can email your picture.